Dear first year student,
As you know your fall class schedule has been developed for you based on your intended major and your general education requirements. As of Monday August 17th, incoming students will have access to change their schedules themselves via their myWCU account. In anticipation of this we wanted to send a few important reminders.
- If you intend to be a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours), it is very important that you do not drop below 12 credit hours at anytime. Please do not drop any courses unless you have already enrolled in enough courses so that the drop will not take you below 12 credit hours. You can utilize the ‘swap’ functionality in myWCU to help you remain at full time status.Being enrolled in less than 12 credit hours will impact your financial aid and housing eligibility.
- Review the instructionson how to add/drop classes in myWCU.
- Please consult with your academic advisor or academic department chair before making any changes to your class schedule. You want to ensure you are not dropping any courses essential to your academic success at myWCU. You can also reference advising sheet that you received during your orientation.
- Familiarize yourself with all academic calendar deadlines. Remember that the last day to add or drop courses for the fall 2015 semester is Monday August 31st.
- If you have any other registration questions please visit the Registrar’s Office registration page:http://www.wcupa.edu/registrar/registration.aspx
Wishing you all the best in your first semester at West Chester University!
Director of Academic Records, Office of the Registrar
West Chester University of Pennsylvania | 25 University Ave | West Chester, PA 19383